Sunday, March 4, 2012

China Glaze Papaya Punch and Lynnderella Cauldron Drippings

I'm back from vacation! We went to Cuba as a family and therefore, my nails needed to be fabulous. Obviously, bright orange was the clear answer. I recently got some of the China Glaze Island Escape collection (in preparation for my trip, natch), and I decided on the delightful Papaya Punch for my fingers.

It is a bright orange, but the formula. Oh, the formula. I was so disappointed. It was thick and goopy, but it didn't cover evenly. I needed three coats! Just... I don't know China Glaze.

I also felt that it needed more of a touch of something extra, because I am anything if subtle. Ha. So I added a layer of Lynnderella's Cauldron Drippings.

Natural Light

With Flash
According to my family, my nails were definitely bright! I think "high on acid" might also have been thrown around at some point, but I take that as a compliment.

This manicure lasted 3 days. I think the chlorine from the pool plus the sun plus salt water plus... it started to chip and then I promptly peeled it off. It was nice while it lasted!

All in all, except for the formula misstep which is so rare for China Glaze, I enjoyed this acid trip. Sparkly AND super bright. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment