Sunday, January 29, 2012

Zoya Indigo Glitter Gradient

Morning!

It was my friend's birthday party yesterday and I decided something FUN and distinct needed to be on my nails. But where to start? I asked my mother for a colour selection ("Blue! Blues are nice."), I went with a blue base. I saw Zoya Indigo at my local Trade Secrets some time ago, and FELL IN LOVE. It is a deep midnight blue shimmery base, with micro holographic sparkles. WANT. Therefore, I got! Ha!

Alas, it is a little disappointing on the nail. The glitter doesn't show up prominently enough so instead of star-lit night nails, you get a nice blue with some occasional sparkle. Not bad but not what I was hoping for from this bottle of broken promises.

I recently got a bottle of Hologram Top Coat from Northern Lights/INM. I layered it over the blue and it is stunning! It adds a lovely layer of sparkle to make starry-night effect more prominent. But even that wasn't enough for my party  nails.

Enter.... OPI Crown Me Already! from their Miss America collection. I decided to do a glitter gradient with it. The results were wonderful!

Finally, the pictures:

The bottle holds such promise!



Overall, I really enjoyed this combo. I felt so sparkly!

No comments:

Post a Comment