Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sephora + Pantone Colour of the Year - Emerald

Ooooo! A new Sephora + Pantone nail colour set! I really enjoyed their Tangerine Tango set last year (it had four styles: Creme, Matte, Shimmer and Glitter) so when I heard that they were releasing a set for Emerald I was super excited.

I have mixed feelings about the end product.





 The box is super cute. The left colour is sheer emerald with fairly large gritty holographic glitter. Middle is emerald with a silver shimmer streak. Right is straight emerald glitter.
I chose the middle as a base (this arrived just in time for a St Patrick's day mani!):









Then I decided to use the other two for accents:

 The basic emerald glitter is the French tip, and the holo accented one is the moon design on my middle finger.










Cons? Small bottles and small brushes. Also, the colour variations are not the best. I would have preferred it to be like last year, with the creme, matte, shimmer and glitter themes instead. But it is a nice green. PLUS when I went to close the glitter bottle, I twisted too hard and the neck of the bottle broke! It is now stuck in the cap! I have to go back to Sephora to return it, so I'm a little miffed.









I'll give it to Sephora, their advertising campaign for their Emerald collection is amazing. I don't wear much makeup but I want it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment