Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter and Spring? Spring and Easter? Spreaster?

It is that most delightful time of the year! When Toronto ceases to be such a barren wasteland of dooooooom and the sun comes back to remind us of how awesome it is. Did you know the sun actually imparts heat?? Somehow, I forget this every winter. Also, it's Easter and that means delicious, delicious Easter food!

But first, fancy nails are needed!

For this weekend's Easter festivities, I did egg designs on one hand:














Ugh, so cute! I used:

OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls for the base
Pinky: OPI Can't Find My Czechbook blue, and Nicole by OPI Naturally Pink
Ring: OPI Can't Find my Czechbook blue and Julep Simone purple
Middle: Julep Simone purple and Zoya Neely green
Index: Zoya Neely green and Julep Teri orange
Thumb: Julep Teri orange and Zoya Piaf yellow


I decided to do something a little different for my other hand, and did a swirly-watercolour design.
I used the same colours as the other hand. I put big drops of colour on the nail, then used a small brush to swirl it around. Totally reminds me of a watercolour painting!










I really like how these turned out! Very Spring-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment