Monday, November 12, 2012

China Glaze Midtown Magic + BundleMonster 315

Oooooo a pretty brown!

I always feel a nice brown is hard to find. There is a fine line between "sexy chocolate" and "poop". Sometimes the line is very hard to find, indeed. But not today! Today I have China Glaze Midtown Magic from their Metro Collection. Shimmery dark brown! Lit from within! Gold highlights! What's not to love?

Recently, I had gotten the BundleMonster 2012 plates, and oh boy are they fun! There are some really interesting designs (although I must point out the 'full nail' designs are lies. Damn lies! My thumb is too big. And they juuuust fit on my regular nails if they're not too long. Boo-urns!). So my adaption has been to do a "French tip" but with the design in the tip. I found a nice flowery one from #315. I'd like to think I pull it off...





It's amazing what you can do with French tip stickers. Did you know, I've never had an actual French manicure? I'm trying to think of what possible situation would exist (nominated for Oscar/Grammy/Emmy/Tony/Raspberry? Meeting the Queen? My wedding? Alien encounter? My murder trial?) and I simply cannot fathom when I would feel a French manicure would be appropriate...

2 comments:

  1. Haha, yes, a brown polish can really go from being scrumptious chocolate to looking like poop! :P

    This brown looks wonderfully rich and autumnal. What a fun look pairing it with the French tip.

    ReplyDelete